Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why buy toys?


Why bother with this . . .




When you can use this!




This is Oliver's first Christmas and everyone keeps asking us what we're getting for him. It's not like he's a newborn since he was born in January, so yes, he might enjoy some fun toys. Little do most peop
le know, Oliver is like a little adult. He is not so much interested in fun, colorful, noisy toys as he is in everyday things such as vacuums, remotes and plugs. He would rather play with an envelope that has a window in it (because it makes that fun noise), but I'm wondering why the toys that make that same scrunchy noise aren't just as fun for him?! I have been thinking about getting a box and filling it with odd things around the house. That way we all win, Oliver is entertained and we don't have to spend any money! (Just kidding...not really though, that whole money saving idea is brilliant!) To give you an idea, here are some pictures of Oliver and his favorite things.




3 comments:

Margaret said...

Sara, I totally agree. Amelia likes playing with whatever I have my hands on. Toys only hold her interest for so long. So what are we getting her for Christmas?.....nothing really. Oh, I did buy her a sock puppet. She loves the sock puppet.

Danalin said...

I'm with you, sista! Max has a ton of toys and I've already given some away...not because we buy them for him, though. We are given so many things and they hold his interest for a very short time. But give the little dude some cords or a broom or some loud pots and pans and he's a happy guy. I just looked through the big toy catalog that they send out from Toys R Us and thought, "Who the heck buys all of this stuff?!" (meaning those Bratz dolls and really expensive toys for little people who will either destroy them or not care) We may, however, be getting a little basketball hoop...so I guess we buy some of that stuff too. :)

Jana said...

he takes the cutest pictures