Thursday, June 5, 2008

Memories of England

I have been looking through old photos trying to put together some sort of album(s) over the past five years....I know, yikes! It has been fun to see old photos and the ones from England brought back lots of memories, so I thought I would share a few.

Mike mowing our little lawn with an electric lawn mower! Yes, we actually plugged it in in the house. This was my first bike in England, what a beauty! I got plenty of stares and comments as I rode this around town. Don't let this ugly, weird, little bike fool you it was pretty darn comfy with its full suspension.

The beautiful countryside of North Yorkshire. Yes I hate to admit it, but I probably did not fully appreciate the beauty of it while we were there.

Maybe my all time favorite picture from England. We were on a walk with our ward somewhere in the country and this telephone booth was randomly along the side of an old country road. Don't we look like completely lost American tourists? Ahhh...so British.

4 comments:

Danalin said...

I love that you and Mike got to live there and make those memories...maybe you'll go back when Mike gets called to be a mission pres there? He would be the best mission president. Thanks for sharing the pictures and I'm proud of you for getting pictures organized. I haven't done that and probably won't until I reach 5 years as well. What I don't love about your time in England is that I never made it out to see you when you were there. Wanna come to Washington anytime soon? When are we ever going to see each other again?!

Jana said...

Have you really been married 5 years?? Sheesh, time flies.

I think you definitely need the Oliver book.

We're going to be in London next week! So excited, you'll have to give me some input on what to do outside of the normal touristy stuff.

Margaret said...

I'm so glad Austin and I were able to come see you guys while you lived there. It was so fun. I love your bike. I can totally see you riding that.
I need to e-mail you some pics of us there with you guys. Like you and I with the peacock.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday!!! xoxo