Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas!

I had to post these pictures of my parent's Christmas village. Believe it or not, they did not even put out everything they had this year. They said they did not want to put out the entire village this year because it's too much work, but I secretly knew they wanted to. So I insisted, though I was questioning that decision about the tenth time up the stairs carrying boxes so high I couldn't even see. It was worth it though and has sort of become a tradition that we all love.

Here are the gingerbread houses we make every year with the MacKay's. Why do they all look the same you say? Well, we have this brilliant idea (please sense the sarcasm) of bringing candy and then splitting it equally among us. So, though the house are different shapes and the candy in different places, they essentially look the same.

This is Oliver's first Christmas so I had to buy him this cute onesie. What makes it even cuter is that my friend Allie bought one for her two month old baby, Jensen. Yes, this is the first step to them becoming best buds (or so we hope)! I don't have the pics, so here is Allie's blog with a couple of them on it.

2 comments:

Ash Trump said...

Sara... You made my Christmas!!! I was so sad i couldn't put my village out this year and even more sad that i was not going to see your parents! So thank you for posting the pictures so i could see it!!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas and we love you!

Danalin said...

Great gingerbread houses...I don't remember ever decorating a gingerbread house, although I probably have. That is quite the village and you are quite the wonderful daughter for bringing it ALL out! Hope your Christmas was very merry!